Replacing tubes and tires

General discussion area.
buhwana

Replacing tubes and tires

Post by buhwana »

I've replaced my tires once and I don't remember having the bear of a time I'm currently having. I had two nice LeakGuard tubes, and attempted to reuse one. In trying to get the two halves compressed enough to put the nut on the bolt I had to use several clamps but I pinched the tube when compressing the wheels and tore it, Off to the local aero store and I bought two new tires and tubes. I was able to get one set of wheel halves compressed enough without pinching the tube (I inflated the tube a little and used plenty of Tire-talc) but the second one I'm having a bear of a time. I'm thinking of starting with three bolts that are longer and as I tighten them up, replacing them with shorter bolts until I get to the proper length one. Anyone have some "tricks of the trade" or have the tubes changed dimension enough to make it a PITA?
N51FL
Mjpierce1

Re: Replacing tubes and tires

Post by Mjpierce1 »

I did mine a few months ago and had no difficulty. New tubes and tires. Wish I could be of more help. Best! Martin
N134AH #857 - 100% Sequoia kits - built 1984 to first flight 1994 by Alan Hall, Vista, CA. TT ~150 hrs - last flight 1999.